Taiwan is an island nation and a viable member of the international economic community. Therefore, it must continue to pursue economic development and adopt independent policies that forestall the impacts of world economic fluctuations.
The government should allow the people of Taiwan to share the fruits of the nation's economic growth by establishing a progressive tax system.
This will help maintain the nation's stable economic growth and prosperity. To accomplish this goal we propose that the government should:
- Respect private property,
- Encourage stable economic growth,
- Ensure full employment,
- Assist small and medium enterprises,
- Promote balanced development of every sector of the economy,
- Protect the environment,
- Allow private investment in state-run enterprises,
- Develop agricultural and fishery resources,
- Improve financial, taxation and monetary systems.