A Legal and Political Order Based on Freedom and Democracy
A democratic and free nation should reject any form of violence and autocracy and establish itself on a legal and political basis that respects the free will of the majority and the principle of self-determination. It should protect basic human rights, popular sovereignty, division of power, rule of law, judicial independence, equal status for all political parties, and should have a responsible administrative system.
For this reason, we propose that the government should:
- Maintain human dignity and basic human rights,
- Ensure the principle of sovereignty of the people,
- Set up a sound system for division of power and for checks and balances,
- Strengthen the implementation of party policies,
- Affirm the value of freedom of assembly and recognize the importance of popular political and social movements,
- Protect freedom of the press,
- Ensure that the goal of the rule of law is to pursue and fulfill justice,
- Establish a neutral and responsible administrative system,
- Supervise the nation’s emergency powers.