Taiwan's social structure and functions have been seriously distorted because of the government's failure to set up a social welfare system that meets the needs of modern society. As a result, many people have lost their sense of ethics, security and their connections with society.
In order to solve these problems, we propose that the government should:
- Set up a fair and stable social welfare system,
- Establish a social security system ,
- Improve enforcement of the Labor Standards Law,
- Implement privatization of state-run enterprises,
- Alleviate the pressures of population growth.