Peaceful and Independent Defense and Foreign Policies
Taiwan is becoming more and more isolated from the international community.
The number of countries which maintain official ties with Taiwan has gradually decreased since the People's Republic of China (PRC) was admitted to the United Nations. This situation has made it difficult for Taiwanese people to take part in international activitiesand has seriously affected the development of Taiwan’s external relations. It has also caused the outflow of capital.
Therefore, we propose that the government should:
- Resume and develop relations with other countries,
- Resolve international disputes by peaceful means,
- Allow all residents of Taiwan to determine the future of Taiwan,
- Cease confrontation between the governments on the two sides of the Taiwan Strait,
- Reduce the size of the army and upgrade its effectiveness by improving defense technology,
- Place the armed forces under the jurisdiction of the civilian government.